background

Monday, May 14, 2012

I am one blessed mama!

Mother's Day weekend was so wonderful! As it being my first true Mother's Day I felt quite honored to be able to be celebrated on this day with all of the other wonderful mothers in the world! It was kinda crazy to have to sit back and allow someone else to plan the day and make time for just my family and not be planning just for our bigger family!


On Saturday we started the festivities by with a new traditon! We decided that every Mother's Day weekend Mike and Ezekiel (and our future children) will pick out a hanging flower basket in memory of Grandma Dianne (Mike's mom). So we found a beautiful purple flower hanging basket that we have proudly hanging in the front of our house! (I should of taken a picture, but forgot.) We thought this would be a wonderful opprotunity to remember Grandma Dianne and for Mike to talk to our kids about her!

Then for dinner we went out to eat at Olive Garden to celebrate Steph's 30th Birthday (which is this thursday)! We had a delish dinner and wonderful family time; both boys were great which always makes it so fun!
Then Saturday night we had our first fire in our new firepit that my dad and our friend Tim, helped Mike make! It was so much fun and so relaxing to have my family and a handful of friends over to just hang out around the fire! And not to mention super yummy too as we had our frist smores of the season! SO YUMMY! And it was the perfect night for it too, just chilly enough and it felt good to be huddled around the fire! And the boys did get the fire about as tall as our house a couple times, so the firepit is definetly broken in! Here is a link to a video that my sister in law took: http://youtu.be/jzRQ1A_d0fA Mike was being a good host and trying not to get the cops called on us since you could def see the flame over our fence! He's such a good responsible adult!
Our first fire!
Then Sunday morning my amazing boys let me sleep in and then went to the Original Pancake House to get breakfast! They came back with super yummy strawberry crepes; my fav! Yummo! And then we headed out to the patio to plant some flowers seeds that I have been wanting to plant and Ezekiel helped by playing in the dirt! Then while Z took a nap and I showered and got ready Mike got everything ready for the day which included a trip to Minnehaha Dog Park and picnic at the park! It was such a PERFECT day to be outside and we made the most of it! We walked around the dog park and let the puppies run, play and splash in the river; they had a blast!
Hanging out at the dog park!

My first born! Love him!

Having so much fun!
Then we headed to the picnic area and busted out our picnic basket and blankets and enjoyed a wonderful lunch!
Brodie at our picnic!

Mike sharing our guacamole with Ezekiel, he loves it!

Jaxon Bear eating his carrots during our picnic!
And then Mike, Ezekiel, and Jaxon Bear each gave me their own card and I loved each one of them and I also got a framed picture of Ezekiel for my desk at work! Then Mike took some pictures of me and my boys, which was so nice since I am usually the one taking the pictures!
Me & my boys!



As we were finishing up our picnic my parents called to ask if we wanted to grill out with them and Darek, Steph, & Toby for dinner; and of course we did! So we headed home to get cleaned up and let the puppies take a nap and head over to their house. We had a wonderful dinner outside on the patio and then hung out for a while afterwards until little Z man said it was time for bed!

All in all it was a pretty perfect day! And I am so blessed to have such wonderful sons, husband and family to celebrate the day with!

No comments:

Post a Comment