background

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Missing: Emily's Memory

Reward if found!

Oh my goodness! I have always heard of prego brain, but part of me didn't really think it was true or all that bad. Boy was I wrong! I have always been one to have a really great memory, to the point it drove Mike crazy because I could remember every word to a conversation, situation, or "discussion" ;-), where we were, what time it was, what we were wearing. Also I was a crazy multi-tasker because I could come right back to wear I left off on many projects without skipping a beat.

This has all changed! And I think Mike is really enjoying is and relishing in every moment of my forgetfulness. He proudly reminds me of different things that I have forgotten and picks on me a bit about it too! It's quite the change of pace for me and quite humbling at the same time! Good thing I can laugh at myself, otherwise it could get quite frustrating, which is does from time to time when I am at work. My job requires me to be the ultimate multi-tasker, I think that is why I enjoy it so much as it is perfect for me. Well my forgetfulness as also crossed over into this area and though I still do a pretty darn good job (if I do say so myself *pat on the back*), I have def noticed a difference and like I said do my best not to get frustrated with myself. I am finally learning to just write myself little notes to make sure I remember to do things if it isn't something that I can do at the time.

The doc I work for said he hasn't noticed a difference (thank goodness) and I am truly blessed that he is a father to 4 kidos so he has obviously gone through the prego process multiple times with his wife and has an understanding of what I am going through (I guess the closest he can with out actually carrying and birthing the babies himself), so he is very accommodating and understanding which is so great!

So wanna know some funny things that my memory has failed me on? This last Friday I got to work and realized that I had put on my black dress shoes, but I was wearing brown pants and socks! I never do that! So yeah needless to say I was looking trendy! Then yesterday I pulled into the parking lot at work and realize that I forgot to pack my dress shoes (I wear my Ugg boots to work because our parking lot is usually pretty slippery and I don't want to take a dig). So I sat there for a minute and was like "what am I going to do?" because I was like 2 minutes early for work and we were going to have patients showing up in  like 10 minutes and I am the first one there and it takes me 7 min to get to work so it would be a 14 min and that's if no slow people got in front of me. Well I really didn't have a choice because I couldn't wear my Ugg boots and I couldn't go sock footed, so I headed home. I just shook my head and laughed at myself! Then its little things like packing my gym stuff in the morning and having a convo with Mike about going to the gym after work to then forget my gym bag at home. Or forgetting to pack a lunch for work. Or to call or text people back (so if I've done that to you, don't take it personally, just text or call again)!

So if you find me out wondering around somewhere send me in the direction of my house! Maybe I should wear Jaxon dog collar for these last few months or get micro-chipped too or something! LOL!
Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment