background

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Chipotle: Where everybody knows your name...

At least mine anyways!

So this post is entirely dedicated to the wonderful foods that I have been craving and devouring! And as you may of guessed one of them would be Chipotle burritos! More specifically a chicken, fajita burrito, with less rice and extra veggies, green chile salsa, and a little cheese! :-) Yum yum!

This has pretty much been a staple food in my diet since early on in my pregnancy (feels weird to be able to say "early on in my pregnancy"!) as this was pretty much the only thing that I sounded good and stayed down! It was a lot of work for me to eat anything and so this was a grand slam for me because it has so many calories in it and it's a balanced meal, kinda, at least a little bit! So early on, no joke I was in our Chipotle like 5 times a week! I pretty much own stock in them by now and seriously everyone there knows who I am! They noticed when I got a hair cut, alway ask how the baby's doing, and worry about me when it's been a while since I have been in (as now I only frequent there about once a week)! They even have been treating me to free burritos for being such a loyal customer! I am about as loyal as you can get, so I am sure they are all about keeping the prego girl happy!

Other things I have been eating a lot of is macaroni and cheese and totinos pizza(yes, the $1 party pizzas)! I know quite the healthy diet! I always thought that I would be a stickler when I was pregnant and eat super good and get everything in that the baby needs, all healthy and organic and all that good stuff! And that ended up not so much being the case! I do get my fruits and veggies (I struggle a bit with the veggies tho), but I know I don't get nearly enough protein, but it rarely looks appetizing! I just try not to beat myself up about it too much and remind myself that there are people that put much worse things into their bodies when they are pregnant and their babies come out perfectly healthy!

Before a month ago I really didn't want anything to do with any dessert! But that is not the case so much anymore, as lately I have definitely been wanting my dessert after dinner, or before! I do my best not allow myself to overindulge, but sometimes those girl scout cookies just need to be eaten! And especially in the last weeks, I feel like I am never full and I could eat everything in the house!

The one thing that I have been craving the most that I haven't been able to fulfill is banana cream pudding! But not just any old banana cream pudding, Magnolia Bakery Banana Cream Pudding!
There is a small problem tho, Magnolia Bakery only has locations in New York, Los Angeles, and Dubai! Convenient huh? And at this time they do not deliver/ship nationwide (I mean really, it's not that far of a drive!), tho it says on their website that they are going to start shipping nationwide soon I am hoping that "soon" will be before June 17th! Otherwise I have a found a recipe online for it that I could settle for, but all the reviews say its not as good as the real thing, so I have hesitated making it. I would like to think after almost a year I wouldn't really know the difference, but I also don't want to be disappointed! There is nothing worse (at this point in my life) than having a super craving and then being disappointed with the end product! So if anyone is traveling through, to, or from LA, NYC, or Dubai, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, bring me back some Magnolia Bakery Banana Creme Pudding, I know you don't wanna see a pregnant lady beg! :-P

I will leave you with our collection of banana creme moments! (Yes, that's plural!)

Mike enjoy said banana pudding on our very first
visit to the bakery! 
Here are Mike & I getting our 2nd round of Magnolia while we were in NYC last year!
This was our 3rd trip! We had an excuse, it was Steph's birthday! We had to go!

See! :-)

And if you are wondering, we went a total of 4 times in a 6 day trip! I told you, its good stuff! :-P


No comments:

Post a Comment