background

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

A long awaited play date!

Last Friday was a day that we have been waiting for almost a year! We had a playdate with the Wind family!  If you remember about a year ago we had them over when Emmett was just a couple weeks old...


A couple weeks after this photo was taken they were packed up and off to Sweden where they had decided to move as Annette is from there and Andy got accepted into school to complete his masters degree. Though we totally understood their reasoning's for moving, we were still totally bummed because we truly treasure their friendship and would of loved to transition into parenthood with them on our side of the pond!

I first met Andy back when I worked for Target, we worked in the same department and would bug him and talk to him quite often because I thought I was going to go crazy sitting in my cube! We ended up bonding over our dogs and then we invited Andy, Annette, and Moby to Jaxon Bear's first birthday party and it was the start of a beautiful friendship! Lots of doggy playdates and doggy sleepovers, we got to witness them getting married, and then the topic of babies slowly started to creep into the conversations (mostly by Annette and I). And we ended up being able to tell each other at the same time that we were both expecting! It was so fun!

Like I said we are bummed that they moved to Sweden, but we are so happy for them because we know it was truly the best thing for their family! Thank goodness for technology because we have been able to see Emmett grow up through their blog and facebook and keep up on all of his milestones! And same for them with Ezekiel! I have a feeling we won't get them back on our side of the pond (other than for vacations) for a long time, which I guess just means that Ezekiel already has his first pen pal or maybe finger paint pal for now! We will just have to go visit them sometime too!

It was pretty much impossible to get a good picture of the boys together since they are both walking, so here is what I got! But what a difference a year makes!
On the move!
Emmett!



Mike showing Emmett Bigsby! I love how he is sitting on his lap!

No comments:

Post a Comment