background

Friday, June 3, 2011

The Count Down is ON!

We are down to the final 2 weeks (ish), obviously depending on when this little man decides to make his appearance! The crazy thing to me is that it could be tomorrow or it could be a month from now! I guess that's what makes moms to be crazy when it comes to the waiting game! But everything that I said in my previous post is still the case as far as comfort wise so I am perfectly content with him hanging out for a while longer!

I think we almost have everything ready to go to welcome him into our home! My dad is working on the changing table, so we should be able to add that to the room soon! My mom has some of her friends working on the curtains for us, so I would think those should be done soon as well! And once we have those final couple of pieces put together then the little guy's room will be mostly complete!

Some of the things that we have done over the past week or so:
Friday Mike and my dad set up the crib in the baby's room! So it is really fun to have that all set to go!
As I think I mentioned, my mom loves to do laundry so she blessed us a ton by doing all of the baby clothes and sheets and such! I have it organized out by size for the most part, some of it is just waiting to go in the drawers of the changing table once that is in.
We got the pack and play set up in our bedroom, which is what we are going to use for the first weeks or months (or however long you keep a baby in your room). It also has bassinet and changing table all in one, so it is perfect for our room!

We officially been welcomed into the world of parenthood via batteries! We bought our first 10 pack of D size batteries (I think this is the first time I have ever bought size D batteries!) and we already need to buy more! But the good news is that we have all of the lil guy's stuff ready for his enjoyment! 

We got our car seat & bases installed yesterday. That was way more involved than I ever thought it could be! We made an appt with the Chaska Police Dept rep that does this as a part of her job. She said that we picked out one of the best and safest carseats that is available, which I kind of knew, but is always good to hear! She took about 45 minutes with us showing us the 3 ways that the car seat can be installed into vehicles, the best ways for it to be installed, the importance of keeping a clean car (ahem, Michael), how to harness our little guy into the carseat properly, then she installed the one base into Mike's car and then had Mike install the other into my truck while she watched. Everything that she went through was really interesting and I am REALLY glad that we took the time to meet with her and have her show us everything and teach us everything! I know our carseat would not of been installed properly if we wouldn't of! What a great service to offer!
We even have already had our first toy fatality!
LOL! Needless to say I was not being a good mom and I was not keeping an eye on Jaxon and he found a toy in the baby's toy basket that looked like a good one! (In his defense, I saw a toy exactly like this at PetCo, except it had a squeaker in its head.) I couldn't even be mad at him because it was totally my fault and I knew this day would come and I am sure will continue to happen as both pups and babes learn the difference between each others toys. Fun fun!

14 days and counting! Here we go!

No comments:

Post a Comment