background

Monday, June 13, 2011

Twins?!

Twins...what?

Not the baby kind, the Minnesota kind. Like the baseball kind! :-)
Mike could only wish that we are having twins and guess there is still a chance that a second little one is hiding somewhere in there. But the chances are minimal!

So back to the topic at hand, we had a fun baseball filled weekend! On Saturday morning the boys (Mike, my dad, and brother) decided that they wanted to take in some batting practice. So I decided to tag along figuring getting out into the fresh air and "shagging" some fly balls would be good for me! :-) We packed everything up, including the pups and headed to the ball field. We found a great ball park, which to me means one that can be closed off completely so we can let the pups off their leashes without having to keep a constant eye on them! We had a lot of fun, especially the boys and puppies! :-) They were all like kids in a candy store! Brodie wore out pretty fast and then found a nice shady spot under the bench in the dugout, Jaxon was running and shagging balls for us too. Though he kind of hand it backwards and would chase after the balls that we would throw back into whom ever was pitching and then bring them back to us. Though a couple of times he did bring balls back into the pitcher or from further in the outfield to us! In the end he was having a blast and making us laugh the whole time! Gotta love him!

All of the guys, of course, still have it and were hitting the ball hard! Have to brag on my babe as he jacked one over the fence! As Darek said, our little guy definitely won't have a problem when it comes to strength and power hitting! My dad kept reminding me that if I picked up a bat I had to do it left handed so the baby knew what it felt like! :-) I never ended up picking one up, which is good because I don't know if I would know how to do it left handed! I am excited for our little guy to play sports some day and if he chooses to play baseball (which I don't know if he will have a choice, that and football I have a feeling will be highly encouraged to him!) to have the strength to be a power hitter but also have baseball smarts, which will be instilled in him at a very young age!

Then on Sunday we went to the Twins game with my parents! It was a ton of fun! I kind of thought maybe with all the excitement our little guy would be curious enough about what was going on that he would want to come out and check this world out. But not so much! :-) It ended up being a bit of an overcasty couple of hours (the sun actually came out right as we were leaving) and a little chilly, but not too bad at all and probably better than 106 and humid! Now on to the important stuff, food! I had a super yummy chicken Walk-A-Taco (a taco salad in a cone shaped hard tortilla shell), Kettle corn, and a Killebrew rootbeer! So nummy yummy! Oh yeah, and to make the event complete, the Twins won! Yay! It was a really fun and exciting game to see too!

39 Weeks & 2 days
So here I am 39 weeks and 3 days and most definitely still pregnant! :-) I will keep you updated though!

2 comments:

  1. Hey there Ducky..... what ya waiting for??? You coming to the play off game is that the plan??? That would be a long hibernation. Lol... I know, you planned to arrive with your cousin, right?? Now that would be a grandma's dilema. Yikes!! Yes, your momma looks really cute pregnant but she looked cute before she got pregnant. Hint... Hint...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hit the home run for you babe. I appreciate the great job your doing growing healthy baby boy.

    ReplyDelete