background

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Take Me Out to the Ballgame!

This last Friday was a day that I had been looking forward to for quite sometime now and though it wasn't quite as I envisioned it to be it was still very special, fun, and interesting to say the least! :-P

As you may of guessed by the title of the post, we took Z-man to his first Twins game (though you wouldn't of known it, you woulda thought it was a t-ball team playing against the White Sox)!
My brother has season tickets and so earlier this year when he had the schedule available they let us pick any games that we would like to go to, as they have in previous years. This year we only bought tickets to one game as we weren't sure if I would really be up for heading out to the ballpark while pregnant and then if we would want to bring Zeke to too many games. So we figured we would just buy one set to be safe. But this time instead of just buying 2 tickets we bought all 4 and we gave the other 2 tickets to my dad (& mom) for Father's Day.
For those of you that are not overly familiar with my family, we are a baseball family! The love of the game goes all the way back to my grandpa Harry (my dad's dad) and maybe further, I guess, I'm not sure. My dad played baseball growing up and so did my brother, I personally wasn't overly interested in the game until my brother got season tickets in college and my family (my best friends) spent many weekends at the dome (what we were thinking when we thought that was a good place to watch baseball)! So I adopted the mentality instead of trying to beat them, why not join them! So I started going just to hang out and I started asking questions and learning a lot, I did have two of the best teachers out there, and inadvertently I began to really enjoy the game! Then when Mike came along and quickly learned that along with me came my family and along with my family came baseball! Our first date was actually with my family at a Twins game! He had some things to quickly learn, one thing for example is that the Schwarz family does not participate in "the wave". As my dad says, people just do "the wave" when they are bored at the games and there is no reason to be bored so there fore we do not do "the wave"! So now the Bemis family is now also a baseball family (but it takes a close second to us being a football family, that's our #1)!

So when I found out I was pregnant and that we were having a boy I was so excited to have our little man go to his first of many baseball games with my family! And I know this is something that my dad has been looking forward to for many years, so I was so excited to have it finally take place!
So on Friday we all got our Twins gear on (Ezekiel too) and jumped in the car and headed to the game! We toted Zeke around in the Baby Bjorn, which worked great!
When we got there we headed down to the Twins dugout and had a short photo shoot!



Then we walked around for a while and everyone got their food of choice and we also stopped off at the guest service desk to get Ezekiel's "1st Twins Game" certificate! Then we headed for our seats as the game was about to start which unfortunately did not last long! Our seats were behind home plate and under the over hang, so every time something good happened (which was often in the first inning as they scored 3 runs (and none for the rest of the game) and everyone would cheer it was so loud because the sound resonated right where we were and freaked Z out! I have never seen a bigger pouty lip in all my life (though my dad disagrees, he thinks he knows where Zeke got it from, I don't know what he's talking about)! So my mom and I bolted and ended up taking him to the top level (where it was also cooler) and we ended up finding a random chair under a stairwell, my mom went and got my dad and mike (as both mine and my mom's cell phones were dead!) and then we sat there for the remainder of the game!

As long as his feedings a diaper changes came regularly Zeke was a happy camper and we had a lot of fun even though the Twins were playing pretty terribly!

It was so special for me to see my hubby, dad, and son hanging out together and bonding over baseball!
My dad was teaching Z all about the game and telling him what the Twins need to do to be better. We decided that Zeke will be the first player again in a long time to play both football and baseball professionally! :-) We also decided that he should play 1st base and he will be a home run hitter for sure! That is if he wants to, of course! But why would he not?! :-p

I will leave you with my favorite picture from the night!
3 of my favorite guys in the world! love them all!

No comments:

Post a Comment