background

Monday, June 4, 2012

Brodie's (and our) Family Reunion

We had such a whirlwind of a wonderful weekend! Friday afternoon Mike's brother and fam, Joe, Carrie, Carlie, & Tessa, flew in and we had a wonderful evening of catching up and 'ooo'ing over each other's babies that we have been longing to see and of course the long awaited reunion of Brodie with his family!

So we had it all planned that we would have Brodie in the backyard and have my dad take Jaxon out for a walk (so Brodie could have his family all to himself). I had Ezekiel in his swing and my mom and I were hanging out with Brodie and he was a bit upset that he didn't get to go for a walk, but we told him, "Brodie trust us, you will be glad you stayed, there is something so much better in store for you!" Mike opened the back door and I couldn't breathe, the moment that we have been waiting for has come and I just didn't know how Brodie would react. Then Mike stepped through and Brodie ran over of course excited to see him and then Joe stepped through and then Carrie and Carlie right behinde him. Brodie ran over to them and they all knelt down around him and gave him a hug and it almost seemed as if he hugged them back! I forever have this sweet image of their little family hug burned into my memory! Brodie didn't get as spastic excited as a lot of dogs do that you see on these reunion videos on youtube, but it was even better moment because I felt as if he was just at peace being in their arms again! And in that moment a peace also fell over me and my eyes instantly welled up with tears as I was finally able to breathe again!

Carrie started walking over to me to say hi and I finally snapped out of it and moved! lol! We were both all teary eyed and greeted each othe with a big hug and then right behind her was Carlie and she was running to me with open arms (which is the first time that has happened after not getting to see her for a while) so I got down to her level and opened my arms and she jumped right in and I pick her up and gave her a big bear hug! I LOVED IT! Mike said that he got the same greeting from her at the airport, it was the best!

Then Mike grabbed Ezekiel and we introduced him to his Aunt & Uncle and cousin and we hung out in the backyard and caught up and the whole time Carlie was petting Brodie and saying, "I am SO happy to be back with Brodie again!" **melt my heart**


Then Tessa woke up (she was snoozingin the car) so Brodie got to meet his new baby sister and so did we! Little Tessa-boo is SO adorable and Carrie confirmed it too and she thinks her and Zeke look a lot a like too!

Then we headed in so they could get settled and get some dinner started then after dinner they put Tessa down and while they were doing that Carlie was reading to Ezekiel! It was SO cute I loved every second of it!

The next morning I woke up to Joe & Brodie cuddling, fast asleep on the couch! Mike had said that after Joe went to bed Brodie went down to look for him and slept with him down there until it was time for breakfest for the puppies and then they just crashed on the couch after that! **melt my heart again**

We are so happy that Brodie's reunion went SO well! We knew he would remember them, but with his history of sizures at these types of situations we were just praying like crazy that he wouldn't have any problems with it and THANK GOD he was totally fine!

No comments:

Post a Comment