background

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Ezekiel is walking on sunshine!

So I know I have been slacking here and there are a bunch of major things that I haven't posted about that have happened in the last couple of weeks. But I am jumping over all of them to post something SO exciting and will come back to the rest (hopefully) soon!

We officially have a WALKER on our hands! See...
Mike, my dad, and I were sitting in the porch/Ezekiel's play room talking and playing with Ezekiel and we were noticing that when Ezekiel was walking from thing to thing that he would let go and take the last step independently. The he took about 4 steps all on his own, I couldn't even speak when he did it, I was SO excited! So then Mike and I sat across from each other to have him walk back and forth in between us and well you saw in the video how awesome he did at that!

The he crawled over to the gate to go down stairs and just took off into the dining room! We all freaked out! See...
So after that we knew that he really had this walking thing figured out and so we started to test it. See...
And for the rest of the night he has been walking ALL over the house! He will stop turn around and go the other direction, obviously his balance is still a bit shaky at times, but its actually surprising how stable he is! He walked all the way from his playroom back to his bedroom and he was even walking around in the grass in the backyard! So I would consider Ezekiel a full fledged walker! We have been saying that any day he is just going to start doing it and that is exactly what he did! Though we have been talking about him doing that I still thought that he would take few steps on day (which he did do a few weeks back) and then the next day take a few more and then the next a couple more and so on. In my mind I thought we would be eased into this whole walking thing, but not so much at all it was about a 10 minute time frame! It was beyond amazing to be there to see it!

I am such a proud Mama right now, its so hard to explain. But I just have this overwhelming feeling of pride and joy, I feel like he just won the superbowl and was the MVP! lol! I don't know which day I will be prouder! :-p We just can't help ourselves from sending the videos to our family and sharing the exciting moment here on our blog!

It was so fun to be able to witness him walking for the first time, but I think the best part of the evening was that my mom was going to be home about 10 minutes after all of this happened. So I took Ezekiel back to his room and then when she walked in Mike told her that we wanted to show her something and to stand at the end of the hall. So then he called Ezekiel and so he came running out of his bedroom and down the hall towards her (she was obviously not expecting it at all). She was shocked and excited and we all pretty much started crying! It was so special! It's a moment that I will never forget!

Our little man never ceases to amaze me and I never thought I would be this in awe of him! I love being his mama! I am SO blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment