background

Saturday, April 23, 2011

32 Week Update

I am now 32 weeks now! That just seems crazy! From week 20-28 the weeks seemed to crawl by, but since then it has seemed to fly by! I had my most recent midwife appt yesterday, it worked out well because Mike had the day off of work so he was able to join me for it. He has been at our first and second appt, our 20 week (ultrasound) appt, and now this appt. All the others in between, though they are important too, they have been quite uneventful and so I just told him to save his time off from work for when our little guy is here. At my appt they said that everything looks good, we got to hear his heart beat, which is always so neat to hear, and it was at 134, which they said is good. She said that he is head down, which I kind of thought because I swear I could feel his head and shoulders pushing down by my hips. So that's good that he is already getting into position! That's about it from my appt, like I said the last few have been quite uneventful as I go in they I do my urine sample, they check my weight (which they said is moving along perfect), check my blood pressure (which was perfect), ask how everything is, I say really good, ask if I have any questions, then listen to the heart beat, I get measured, and I am done!

The last month or so I have really started to feel huge! LOL and I know I still have a ways to go! I am starting to get asked every once in a while if I am sick of being pregnant yet and then they proceed to tell me that by week "X" they were so ready to be done. I do my best not to think about it too much and just be thankful for a healthy baby and take each day as it comes! I figure if I am already wishing for it to be over, what am I going to be like in another month when I am ginormous rather than just being huge like I am now! :-P

Over the past few weeks our little guy has been quite active, but thankfully it hasn't been when I am trying to sleep, so he isn't keeping me up at night, yet! :-) I have also been getting kicked in the ribs quite a bit lately! That's quite fun! Never thought my first bruised rib would be from the inside! LOL, just kidding, its not that bad! A lot of the movements are starting to feel like he is stretching more than kicking these days, so that is neat to feel and push back on him a little and actually feel his foot. It makes it even more real than it all is already!

As for names we are pretty much still at a loss, other than Ducky, Mac & Cheese, Yo Buddy Bemis, and Rae Rae! The only names on our list as of right now are Macklin (Mack for short) & Ezekiel (Zeke for short) (spellings are subject to change). So I guess its good that the list is getting smaller, but it is subject to change all together as it has many many times up to this point! The fact that we can actually agree on 2 names is quite the miracle! We went through a very frustrating time when every time names were brought up we both got a little defensive and stubborn. Then I got some really good advice where they suggested that any name that is brought up that the other person says "no way" to then that name is dropped and will not bring it up again. Because that's where I know we were both getting frustrated with each other is because we were trying to convince the other to like the names that the other liked! So when we agreed to this it was an amazing breakthrough! We started to focus in on the names that we both liked rather than the ones that we didn't like!

I think that's all for this post as I am getting quite sleepy! Happy Easter everyone!
Oh I will leave you with an updated belly pic, since I haven't had one in a while! You will be impressed, it's not a self-portrait, its not from my phone, and I am wearing something totally different! Yay, go team Bemis for finally getting our act together! It has only taken us 32 weeks!

32 Weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment