background

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

All squeaky clean!

I had my first baby shower on Sunday and it was SO wonderful! My wonderful sister in law, Steph, and one of my best friends, Katie, were SO kind to throw this wonderful shower for me! They did such a great job and I felt SO blessed to be showered with love from them and all of the guests that were able to make it! I apologize as I did not take a single picture during the shower, but I do hope to steal some from Steph (as she was Ms. Photographer) to share with you all. I do have one fun picture to post at the end from after the shower :-)

Like I said the shower was SO wonderful, I had such a wonderful time celebrating our little one with everyone! The guests were some of Mike's family and then a bunch of my friends from all over the board (from high school, Jaxon's friends' mommies, ect). We played a cute game of Baby Bingo, ate some super yummy food, including these cute and yummy cupcakes, had a wonderful time socializing and catching up, and then opening all of the wonderful gifts that everyone blessed us with! We did this really neat thing that Steph planned, where when I opened each person's gift they came and sat by me and read a piece of advice or special note for me and our family and then Steph took a picture of us and then we will put the advice next to the picture in a photo album! What a neat and special idea! It will be fun to come back to that photo album and show it to our little guy!

I feel like I can't find the right words to explain how special this shower was to me and the time spent with everyone there, so it is making me feel the need to just keep saying over and over again how wonderful it was! So I will spare you of my "skipping record syndrome" (it's Mike's favorite!) and I will leave you with this:

Mike getting some practice in!
We got a Baby Bjorn baby carrier from some of the wonderful ladies that I used to work with at Target (they were unable to make it, so Darek got to be the special delivery man)! This was like one of 2 things that Mike put on our registry, so he was SOOOOOOOOO excited to see that we got it and he had to try it out right away (putting Jaxon in it may of been my idea)! So a special thank you to Robyn, Reddie, Trenella, and Janice! You have made my hubby one happy guy! :-)

2 comments:

  1. Jaxon secretly loved being in it too! He's going to be jealous when he finds out he has to share!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That pic is sooo funny!! Jaxon looks like he likes it! Glad you had a fun shower and I bet you're excited to have more baby stuff to put away/set up :)

    ReplyDelete