background

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Fun Filled 4th of July Weekend!

We had a wonderful weekend filled with lots of friends and family! My parents spent the weekend at our house, which always consists of a couple projects for my dad and Mike to do and cleaning, laundry, and baby cuddling for my mom!And yummy things like this appear around the house when she is here!
Fruity Pebble Bars & Choc Chip Cookies
We love having them come and stay and, of course, we don't mind the extra hands on deck at all! The puppies also love having the extra hands on deck, as long as they are petting them! :-) And of course Zeke loves spending time with Grandpa & Grandma Bear too!

On Saturday we laid low and hung out around the house and then went for a walk. When we returned from our walk I noticed my hydrangea bushes are blooming so beautifully so I went out and cut a few stems to create this beautiful arrangement! I absolutely LOVE hydrangeas and I love that I can cut them from my front yard! Ahhh, love it! So beautiful!
On Sunday we started the day out on a great foot with big Z-man sleeping 8 hours straight! He slept from 1 am (we woke him around midnight to feed him and then put him back down) until 9 am! Praise God! Then we decided to run a few errands, but first stopped at Darek & Steph's because Ezekiel and the puppies wanted to give their Auntie Steph some hydrangeas too! So we hung out there and chatted for a bit! Then we headed to PetCo, Costco, & Home Depot and then had to high tail it home because Mike's brother Jeb was on his way down to visit and meet Ezekiel! It was so great to see Jeb again (he lives in Northern MN so we don't get to see him all that often), Ellie (Jeb's daughter/our niece) is visiting her mom in Florida right now so that's why she didn't come with. But she flies back in on the 29th of the month, so they are planning to swing by before they head home. So we are really looking forward to seeing Ellie again and having her meet Zeke!
Uncle Jeb-o & Ezekiel
After a bit the boys ran to get Chipotle, which is always a must when Jeb comes to visit as he loves it but they don't have one anywhere near him! I have to say too, its only my 2nd time having Chipotle since Zeke was born, I am going through withdrawal! LOL! Just kidding, but really I'm not sure how they are still in business because I am pretty sure I was keeping them afloat! :-P

When we were finished with dinner we realized that it would be around 10 am on the 4th in Korea, so we decided to try and Skype with Mike's brother Joe and family. (Its about a 14 hour time difference so it makes it really tricky for us to find time to talk with them.) Praise God they were home (though we interrupted, bike riding time, sorry Carlie!) and we got to talk with them for about a half of an hour! It was really neat to see all the brothers being able to talk together again, it really warmed my heart! We got to see and talk to Carlie for a little bit too, she is just growing like crazy! She was telling us all about their plans for the day and about the place that they live, it was really cute! She was excited to see Brodie and Jaxon too. We also got to share our Z-man with them again too! (I wish I would of taken some pictures)

Then on Monday, the wonderful 4th of July! My dad and Mike did a couple of projects in Zeke's room for me, they rehung the curtians, made a shelf and hung it, and hung a picture. His room is almost finished, just a couple more finishing touches! We celebrated by heading to Darek & Steph's to meet up with them and go to the Chanhassen 4th of July Parade, the parade route is just a couple blocks from their house. Mark & Katie were there too, so it was fun to see them and spend time with them too! The parade was wonderful and though it was quite noisey, but Ezekiel slept through the whole thing! I wasn't sure how it would go, but it was perfect! He slept through the marching bands, the fire truck sirens, the cars and semis honking their horns, I was really impressed! Then we went back to Darek & Steph's for some yummy cake that my mom made and then we headed home. And just laid low for the rest of the night!

It was a really good family, fun, filled weekend!

Now we are just waiting on some little playmates for Z! My sister in law Steph has about a week left until her due date and Annette Wind has a little less than that! They are both having boys too, so Zeke is really looking forward to his friends coming out to play! I think he is getting bored with us! ;-) We can't wait to meet them! Come on babies!

No comments:

Post a Comment