background

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Time Flies!

So many parents have told us the famous words, "Take in every moment, they grow up so fast!" As we are 3 1/2 weeks into this whole parenting gig, I find that I repeat those words frequently to myself. I know I have mentioned this a bunch of times but he is such a good baby and he makes it so easy to live in the moment with him and not wish away the days because he is fussy or won't sleep. I am sure we will have our moments or days or even weeks (I pray not though) and I will do my best in those times to be content to be there (maybe not happy).

The other night I was holding him, having some mommy & Zeke cuddle time and he did my favorite thing. He went from awake to sleeping, though I do like it when he does that, what I am talking about is the transition in between. The twitchy, smiley, funny face time! I just sat there and watched him do that for I don't know how long and it hit me that some day he won't do this anymore. And I just took in that moment as much as I could and did my best to burn it into my memory, because I never want to forget it! My heart was so filled with love and joy, needless to say (in my hormonal state) the tears just started streaming down my cheeks (and Mike thought I was crazy). He is just a perfect little man and I am feeling so overwhelmed that God has entrusted his life to us, he is truly such an amazing blessing! Some day this little man will no longer be so little and that blows my mind, before I know it I will be sitting in the stands at his football games and yes, I will be one of "those" moms!

I know it will all go too fast, so as for now I'm gonna go cuddle my little guy right now and soak up every moment that I can!

I know I say he rarely fusses, here is one of his few moments! :-P

No comments:

Post a Comment