background

Thursday, July 28, 2011

New milestones!

Our little Z is continuing to melt our hearts one day at a time as he continues to grow up way to fast! He has passed through a couple milestones and they are so bittersweet! It's so fun for these new things to be happening, but they seem to be coming so fast!

The first new milestone is that he has officially grown out of his first outfit! And he is on the verge of growing out his first round of onesies! On Saturday I put him in this outfit
I could barely squeeze him into it and could only snap a couple of the snaps on the bottom! When I took it off of him and thought that I'll need to wash it and then pack it away I got a little sad. It's so crazy to think that we are already at this point! Though I honestly thought it would come sooner,  because I thought he would be bigger when he was born because both Mike and I were about 8.5 pounds when we were born and then became very chunky babies! Though he is def holding his own in the getting chubby department! We think he is probably already over 9 pounds if not close to 10 pounds.

His second milestone is more of the heart melter! Mike was gone on Saturday and Sunday this past weekend and when he got home I handed Zeke over to him. He was saying hi to him and then all of a sudden Zeke's face totally lit up and he started smiling! (He is at the point now that he smiles in response to seeing people that he knows (mostly Mike and I) or when he gets excited.) It was the sweetest thing and Mike got so excited! I felt like my heart was just spilling over with joy seeing this all take place! I loved seeing Zeke get so excited to see his daddy and also seeing Mike get so excited to have Zeke smile at him! It is a moment that I want to make sure that I never forget! It's amazing how this little guy has the ability to make us feel this way!

I hope to get a few more blogs up here soon! I have so much I want to write about, not to mention we have had some other exciting things happen in our family! My mom is staying with us tonight and will be here tomorrow, so a lot of times I can get some good blogging done! So, sorry if I bombard you with new posts!

No comments:

Post a Comment